Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Ready for a challenge? To help us achieve our commercial development objectives we are looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team.
As Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, you will support the delivery of our medium-to-long term annual targets of direct atmospheric capture of CO2
at Mtonne to Gtonne levels.
NEG8 Carbon plan to, within 10 years, deploy 25,000 NEG8 Carbon units in Ireland and capture 10m tonne per annum of CO2
. In parallel, we will license our technology to partners to replicate this in other countries with a worldwide target of capturing 100 million tonnes of CO2
per annum and growing this over the following decade to 1 billion tonnes per annum.
Working closely with our Chief Technical Officer and Engineering team, you will take responsibility for:
- Mechanical design and oversight of the construction of the prototype commercial scale modular carbon capture unit
- Creation of 2D/3D drawings/models of the system in compliance with relevant guidelines and safety standards
- Oversight of the specification, selection, procurement and supervision of installation of the component parts of the system (fans, pumps, heat exchangers, valves and associated pipe networking)
- Advising on recommended commissioning and operating parameters as well as engagement with stakeholders including potential Customers and Suppliers
What we need from you
- A high level of expertise in mechanical design as well as the people skills to engage with the NEG8 Carbon team.
- At least 10 years of experience in machine or plant construction, heat transfer design experience and systems optimization, preferably in a field related to gas processing.
- Experience in using 2D/3D design packages.
- Motivation and ability to solve challenging design problems under tight time constraints.
- Demonstratable leadership and team management experience.
- Flexibility and adaptability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
This position will suit a Mechanical Engineering graduate with 10+ years of industrial experience who is also comfortable working in a start-up environment.
Ideally, you are passionate about fighting Climate Change and understand the significance of Global Warming and the critical role that Atmospheric Carbon Capture plays in mitigating Global Warming.
What we can offer you
NEG8 Carbon is a fast-growing company. In exchange for your contribution to our business, we pay a competitive salary and offer:
- Opportunities to develop your skill set and share new ideas. As we progress and develop as a company, you will too
- 24 days of annual leave plus an extra week at Christmas
- Stock-based incentives
Remuneration is subject to negotiation. This position is based in the IDA Business Park, Cork Road, Waterford.
Some of the most knowledgeable and passionate people in the Carbon Capture technology field work here. Together as a team we are collaborating openly to make a difference in the world.
Take the challenge to come and work with us!
To apply for the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer position, please upload your CV.