Mechanical Engineering position in Energy Management and Design
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will support the delivery of our medium-to-long term annual targets of direct atmospheric capture of CO2
at Mtonne to Gtonne levels.
Working closely with our Chief Technical Officer and Engineering team, you will take responsibility for:
- Mechanical design and oversight of the construction of the heat exchange requirements for the modular TGE process.
- Specification, selection, procurement and installation of gas handling and heating systems (fans, pumps and valves with associated pipe networking)
- Advising on recommended commissioning and operating parameters as well as engagement with stakeholders including potential Customers and Suppliers
What we need from you:
- A high level of expertise in applied aspects of Heat Transfer Network Design and Energy Management as well as the people skills to engage with the TGE team.
- Advanced knowledge of heat transfer, fluid dynamics and thermal management.
- Heat transfer system (e.g. HVAC and/or heat pump) design experience with practical experience in integrating component parts of heat transfer systems – fans, vacuum pumps, control and heat exchangers.
- Motivation and ability to solve challenging design problems under tight time constraints.
- Flexibility and adaptability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
This position will suit a Mechanical Engineering graduate with 3 – 8 years of industrial experience (or a combination of industry and academia) who is also comfortable working in a start-up environment.
Ideally, you are passionate about fighting Climate Change and understand the significance of Global Warming and the critical role that Atmospheric Carbon Capture plays in mitigating Global Warming.
What we can offer you
NEG8 Carbon is a fast-growing company. In exchange for your contribution to our business, we pay a competitive salary and offer:
- Opportunities to develop your skill set and share new ideas. As we progress and develop as a company, you will too
- 24 days of annual leave plus an extra week at Christmas
- Stock-based incentives
Remuneration is subject to negotiation. This position is based in the IDA Business Park, Cork Road, Waterford.
To apply for the Mechanical Engineer position, please upload your CV by Monday 27th March 2023